Chairman’s Introduction

altI am delighted that I am able to introduce the first edition of the new Company Registration Industry Image – a new way to promote and publicise the good practice that the Scheme's registered companies put in place, and for the latest Company Registration news and information.

As Scheme Chairman, I had the pleasure of announcing the winners at the 2012 National Company Awards, an event which showcases the most considerate construction companies working in the UK. All companies who won an award should congratulate themselves for being the industry's leading standard of considerate practice, and I know that this will only continue to improve.

Since Company Registration was launched, I am pleased to report that more and more companies are registering with the Scheme each year, a true show of dedication from companies who want to change our industry's image for the better. Some of you may know me as a Monitor, and each time I visit a registered company, it is great to see how some companies are going that extra mile in implementing changes to improve the way they carry out their work. It is no coincidence that many of these companies in difficult times are bucking the trend.

On behalf of the Scheme, thank you for improving the image of construction and we hope you enjoy reading this newsletter. If you would like to be included in future issues, please share your company's story of how you have incorporated the Scheme into your projects by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.