Articles

Seminars and Workshops

alt

Once a site has registered with the Scheme, it must adhere to the Site Code of Considerate Practice which it is assessed against during the Monitor visit. If a site scores above a certain level when being assessed against its compliance to the Site Code of Considerate Practice, they may be eligible to win an annual National Site Award to recognise the achievement.

Seminars are designed for those who are unfamiliar with Site Registration and provides a general introduction and understanding of its basic requirements. Each Seminar is presented by an experienced Scheme Monitor, who will ensure that everyone who attends a Seminar leaves with a full understanding of what Site Registration is and feels comfortable with how their site’s performance will be assessed. Seminars are two hours long and cost £85 + VAT per person with a two hour CPD certificate included.

As with the Seminars, Workshops are presented by an experienced Scheme Monitor and are the next stage in Scheme development. Workshops are more interactive than Seminars and focus on performing beyond requirements including examples of what sites have put in place to win a National Site Award. This involves lively discussions on examples of good practice that both the presenter has seen and what attendees have implemented on their own sites. The presenter will guide people through the scoring process, highlighting areas where people often fall down on and ideas on how they can ensure it doesn’t happen to their site. Group exercises are used to encourage creative thinking to give the attendees new ideas and enhance their knowledge. The presenter will also discuss best practice that has been witnessed on sites which subsequently led to winning National Site Awards, recognition for being one of the most considerate sites of that year. Workshops are three hours long and cost £120 + VAT per person with a three hour CPD certificate included.

There is also the option to book an all day Seminar and Workshop combination which includes a buffet lunch. This option is available for £205 + VAT per person.

alt

Shaune Hicks, Senior Site Manager with Crest Nicholson, who was presented with a 2011 National Site Award Runner Up trophy, commented:

“I feel the one day course I attended helped significantly towards ‘raising the bar’… it was good to have open discussions and share ideas with other developers, and very beneficial to hear the presenter discuss and explain the Scheme’s expectations.”

The Scheme also offers private, bespoke Seminars and Workshops for individual organisations. These popular events are tailored to suit the organisations needs and provide more focused discussions and examples. Private Seminars can be booked for a cost of £1,000 + VAT and Private Workshops are £1,250 + VAT per group.

Here are just some of the other comments we have received from people who have attended the Scheme’s Seminars and Workshops:

“I feel a lot more confident with the CCS and have a lot more inspiration.”

“A very good Workshop, delivered very well in a very understandable manner. Well worth it.”

“Very informative and gave me a better understanding of the Scheme.”

“Plenty of opportunity for discussions and questions.”

“Excellent! Very informative and inspirational, I’ll definitely be back on site tomorrow with some new ideas.”

If you are interested in attending either a Seminar or Workshop, please click here to find the next available date or call 0800 783 1423.

Seminars and Workshops are extremely popular so we advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.

alt