Are you a trade contractor?
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is expanding its Company Registration initiative to cover the registration of trade contractors. Company Registration will enable companies of all types and size, working within the supply chain, to register with the Scheme and enjoy the same benefits that registered sites have enjoyed over the past 14 years.
Registering as a company with the Scheme indicates a willingness to improve performance to the highest levels and demonstrates to main contractors, and the general public, that your company is concerned about its working practices and the image it portrays.
All registered companies are monitored against the Scheme's eight point Company Code of Considerate Practice that sets out best practice expectations which go beyond legal requirements.
The benefits of registering a company with the Scheme include:
- Membership of the nationally recognised Considerate Constructors Scheme endorsed by local authorities, the Government, main contractors and major industry clients.
- A means of demonstrating to potential clients a willingness to aim for standards far beyond statutory requirements, gaining a competitive edge in winning new work.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme branding and recognition.
- Listing on the Scheme's website.
- Independent assessment of your company and sites by experienced industry professionals.
- A means of assessing and benchmarking your company's performance and strive for development and improvement.
- The possibility of winning National Company Awards.
The fees for Company Registration, from 1 January 2012, will be:
|Company annual turnover||Registration fee|
|Less than or equal to £250k||£250 + VAT|
|Between £250k and £3.5m||£500 + VAT|
|Between £3.5 and £10m||£1,000 + VAT|
|Over £10m||£1,500 + VAT|
Once a company is registered, a visit will be arranged to meet a suitable company representative, ideally at the company's office, to run through the expectations of membership and to assist the registered company in meeting the requirements of the Scheme. A report is produced highlighting where the Scheme's Monitor, an experienced industry professional, feels the company is doing well and also where improvements could be made. During the registration period, the Monitor will then arrange to visit a selection of the company's sites to assess performance at site level and produce scored reports indicating how well the company has performed against the Scheme's Company Code of Considerate Practice.
Each year, the highest performing 20% of all registered companies are reviewed and considered for the Scheme's annual National Company Awards with just one company being named as the UK's Most Considerate Company.
If you are a trade contractor and would like to register your company with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, please email
If you have a story that you would like to see covered in Industry Image, email