Client Partner Q&A
Aston University have recently become the newest Client Partner with the Considerate Constructors Scheme. The university tells Industry Image why they decided to apply for Client Partnership and how they will encourage registration with the Scheme.
1. How did you hear about Client Partnership?
Through contractors/partners involved in the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
2. Why did you decide to apply to become a Client Partner?
To ensure that all of our projects attain the same high standard and to encourage our contractors and suppliers to become involved in the scheme.
3. What do you think the benefits to your company will be by becoming a Client Partner?
We will be able to set a standard for all of our works and support our contractors and suppliers in working towards the standard themselves. We will also benefit from the reputation that comes with the Scheme.
4. How will you ensure your contractors sign up to the Scheme?
This will be included as a requirement in future framework and tender documents. Existing contractors will be encouraged to sign up and support will be provided for this.
5. What benefits do you hope the sites/companies will gain by being registered with the Scheme?
They will gain a standard which will help them in future contracts as well as benefitting from the knowledge and expertise of other Scheme members.
6. What measures do you have in place to assist your contractors with adhering to the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice?
Support will be provided by our Projects Team who are involved in the contractor selection processes and work with them on a daily basis. We will conduct internal checks and intend to share information and expertise as much as possible, encouraging our contractors and sub-contractors to work together to share best practice.
7. What challenges do you anticipate you will face with meeting the expectations of the Scheme?
As we use such a large number of contractors as well as sub-contractors and suppliers it will be challenging to make sure that the standards filter through the entire system. However, we intend to phase this in gradually and support our partners to make sure this is achieved.
If you have a story that you would like to see covered in Industry Image, email