Articles

Ceremony dates and presenters

alt

The 2012 National Site Awards were held across 11 ceremonies in Edinburgh, Manchester and London, with each event presented by a leading industry figure.

Monday 12 March 2012, Edinburgh

Presenter: Michael Levack
Chief Executive, Scottish Building Federation

"It is a great honour for me to have been invited to present the Considerate Constructors Scheme awards again this year. The awards give positive recognition to those contractors that actively demonstrate best practice in building and maintaining positive relationships with neighbouring residents and businesses during a project’s construction phase. Those shortlisted for this year’s awards have genuinely gone the extra mile and set a great example for the entire industry. Any firm bearing the Considerate Constructors Scheme certificate should do so with pride."

Tuesday 13 March 2012, Manchester

altPresenter: Nick Baveystock
Director General, Institution of Civil Engineers

"It is only right that those who consider the impact on the community and environment surrounding their construction site, and go the extra mile to mitigate any impact, are recognised. The CCS awards set a high benchmark and really serve to encourage best practice across the industry. This year’s winners not only get crowned the most considerate UK sites for 2012, but importantly play a huge role in improving the image of the construction industry as a whole."

Wednesday 14 March 2012, Manchester

Presenter: Derek Bostock
National President, Federation of Master Builders

"Construction activity is critical to the economic recovery of the UK but its impact on local communities needs to minimized. The Considerate Constructors Scheme fulfills this role by helping to ensure that construction work is done in such a way that causes minimal disruption and ensures the highest standards of care are adopted towards all those affected by the construction work. The Federation of Master Builders (FMB) as the largest trade association in the building sector is pleased to be associated with the CCS in helping to deliver this essential best practice."

Thursday 15 March 2012, Manchester

Presenter: Roy Stewart (on Don Ward's behalf)
Director, Constructing Excellence in the North West

"I’m delighted to be able present these Awards. The last year has been particularly tough for the construction industry and so it is a remarkably great achievement for the winners to have contributed such an outstanding quality of performance. I would like to commend all the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s 2012 National Site Award winners for the dedication they have shown to their companies, to the Scheme and to our industry."

Tuesday 20 March 2012, London

Presenter: Chris Blythe
Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Building

"The CCS continues to bring out the best in our constructors. It enables them to demonstrate that their sites are above reproach when they come face to face with the public. The National Site Awards recognise the considerable work undertaken by the companies and their staff and the fact that teams come back year after year is testament to their appetite for what the CCS stands for and the collective commitment to showing the best face of the construction industry. In the difficult times we have it is too easy to take short cuts. Our CCS sites show this does not have to be the case."

Wednesday 21 March 2012, London

Presenter: Stephen Ratcliffe
Director, UK Contractors Group

"I congratulate all the winners of the 2012 National Site Awards. You all showcase the UK industry at its very best. This is a year when British construction will be on display to the whole world as we celebrate the 2102 Olympics. And we have every reason to be proud of our achievements."

Thursday 22 March 2012, London

Presenter: John Spanswick CBE
Past Chairman, Bovis Lend Lease

"The Considerate Constructors Scheme continues to go from strength to strength despite the recession. There is no doubt that the Industry acknowledges the benefits of supporting the Scheme and the importance of working to minimise the impact of projects on the public and neighbours."

Tuesday 27 March 2012, London

Presenter: Richard Brindley
Executive Director Membership and Professional Support, RIBA

"The RIBA fully supports the Considerate Constructors Scheme. The RIBA also encourages architects and designers to promote the CCS as it is a quality assurance to clients and the public as well as highlighting the effective, safe and considerate work of enlightened contractors. The RIBA’s purpose is to champion better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. The CCS objectives are synergic with the RIBA’s aims. I am pleased to offer my congratulations, on behalf of the RIBA and architects’ profession to all of this year’s winners of the Considerate Constructors Scheme and to thank them for the great standards they are achieving for our construction industry."

Wednesday 28 March 2012, London

Presenter: James Wates
Chairman, UK Contractors Group

"As I visit many parts of the country I can’t help but be impressed by the improved presentation of construction sites particularly when I compare them to other parts of the world. There is no doubt in my mind that the Considerate Constructors Scheme has had a crucial role to play in raising the standards. My congratulations to all the winners."

Thursday 29 March 2012, London

Presenter: Michael Ankers, OBE
Chief Executive, Construction Products Association

"At a time when the outlook for the construction industry remains uncertain, it is really encouraging to see more and more companies recognising that being part of the Considerate Constructors Scheme is helping to differentiate them from their competitors."

Friday 30 March 2012, London

Presenter: Paul Morrell OBE
Government’s Chief Construction Adviser