Chairman's Introduction

As the end of 2012 draws near, I want to take this opportunity to look back on the last 12 months, but more importantly, look forward to the next 12.

This year has been another tough one for the construction industry but it is humbling to see so many still striving to improve our image. Each year, we hold our National Site Awards, and each year, standards continue to improve no matter what other challenges the industry has to face. It was also the Scheme’s second National Company Awards, and again, we saw construction companies going the extra mile as they carried out their projects, raising the benchmarks of considerate construction.

This year also saw the Scheme celebrating its 15th anniversary. Within that time, the industry has seen a lot of positive change, and I am confident that things can only carry on improving.

Last but definitely not least to 2012, are the changes the Scheme has made to its Code of Considerate Practice, Monitors’ Checklist, scoring and Monitor reports. More information on these changes can be found in this edition of Industry Image and also on a dedicated section of our website.

From the 1st January 2013, all registered sites and companies will be monitored on the new system and we hope that there is greater clarity in understanding how to comply with the Code, and a greater challenge for those who want to go beyond. I must stress that although things have changed, the aim of the Scheme hasn’t – we are still looking to see how you are improving the image of construction.

I hope the next 12 months, and beyond, continue to showcase the very best of considerate construction. On behalf of the Scheme, I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.