2021 National Site Award winners announced!
Congratulations to the winners of the Considerate Constructors Scheme 2021 National Site Awards, announced during special video broadcasts at UK Construction Week!
The Most Considerate Site Awards recognise the highest performing construction sites across the UK and Ireland against the Code of Considerate Practice.
Awards were presented in eight bandings based on project value, with a Most Considerate Site Award and a Runner-up presented in each.
Most Considerate Site Awards were presented to:
- 9109 Luton Gas Holder project – Erith Contractors Ltd (£500k to <£1m)
Runner-up for this award: Cannon Park Gas Holder Demolition project – Northern Gas Networks
- Curtis Green Gate project – Wates Construction Ltd (£1m to <£2.5m)
Runner-up for this award: 21a Carlyle Square – Knight Build Ltd
- 39 & 40 Upper Brook Street – Knight Build Ltd (£2.5m to <£5m)
Runner-up for this award: Sheffield City Council Aids and Adapts Wates Living Space
- Lincolnshire Beach management – Team Van Oord (£5m to <£7.5m)
Runner-up for this award: Peel Hunt – Mace Interiors
- A46 Upgrade & Anstey Lade Widening – Galliford Try Civil Engineering England & Wales (£7.5m to <£10m)
Runner-up for this award: Medical Technologies Innovation Facility – Henry Brothers Ltd
- Ferry Bridge C Power Station – Keltbray Ltd (£10m to <£25m)
Runner-up for this award: Springfield’s – Willmott Dixon Construction Ltd
- The Spark – Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd (£25m to <£50m)
Runner-up for this award: Connecting Leeds/LPTIP – City Centre Gateways project – John Sisk & Son
- BC 243 Kilo Apron Development Substructure project – Ferrovial Agroman (£50m and over)
Runner-up for this award: Battersea Phase 3a – Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd
This year’s winners were announced in a series of special video broadcasts hosted by CCS Chief Executive Amanda Long and Executive Chairman Isabel Martinson across the UK Construction Week online event on 5-6 May.
This year saw an interim updated approach to recognition, with one Most Considerate and one Runner Up awarded in each banding replacing the previous award categories of Bronze, Silver and Gold. CCS is developing new plans for a completely new approach to recognition and awards which we will launch for 2022 in line with our new strategy ‘Raising Standards and Building Trust’.
National Site Award winners highlight both to the industry and the public the outstanding efforts of the highest performing considerate constructors.
If you missed any of the special announcement videos during UK Construction Week online, click below.
Announcement video for bandings £500k to <£1m, £1m to <£2.5m and £2.5m to <£5m.
Announcement video for bandings £5m to <£7.5m, £7.5m to <£10m and £10 to <£25m.
Announcement video for bandings £25m to <£50m and £50m and over.