- All complaints received by the Scheme from any source, regarding a Registered Activity, are recorded.
- When a complaint is raised with the Scheme that is relevant to the Code of Considerate Practice, a contact designated by the Registered Activity (usually a Site Manager or Company contact) will be informed of the nature of the concern and (only with permission from the complainant) the name and contact details of the complainant. Areas for consideration in addressing the complaint might also be offered to the designated contact regarding factors to consider when dealing with the complaint.
- Where the complainant has not granted permission for their contact details to be given, the Scheme will liaise with the designated contact on their behalf.
- The Scheme will stay in contact with the complainant until the Registered Activity has investigated and responded to the complaint either addressing the complaint to the complainants satisfaction, or the Scheme feels reasonable efforts have been made by the Registered Activity to address the complaint, at which point the complaint will be closed.
- The Registered Activity must promptly act on any third party complaint received through the Scheme, taking appropriate remedial action including, issuing an acknowledgement to the complainant within 24 hours and aiming to conclude within ten working days to our satisfaction and in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- If the designated contact does not deal with a complaint in a satisfactory manner, the complaint will be referred to the construction company’s head office contact (as provided at registration). Complaints not addressed satisfactorily will be elevated to the Registered Activity’s Company Director level.
- The Scheme may attempt to mediate between the parties during this process. If, at any time, the Scheme considers that a reasonable agreement has been reached, the complaint will be closed.
- Where necessary, and at the discretion of the Scheme, an experienced Scheme Monitor may visit the complainant and designated contact to seek further information.
- If the Registered Activity fails to deal with a problem in an effective manner the Scheme’s Chief Executive may suspend, or in extreme circumstances terminate, the registration with the Scheme.
- Where a decision to terminate a Registered Activity’s registration with Scheme is made, the Registered Activity, client and complainant will be informed of the termination.
- If the complaint does not relate to an issue covered by the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice (for example, the Scheme cannot get involved with planning issues or in decisions relating to compensation) the complainant will be signposted in an appropriate direction.
To raise a complaint about a activity registered with the Scheme, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 783 1423.