Code of Considerate Practice
Considerate constructors seek to improve the image of the construction industry by striving to promote and achieve best practice under the Code.
The Code of Considerate Practice outlines the Scheme’s expectations and describes those areas that are considered fundamental for registration with the Scheme.
The Code is in five parts and contains a series of bullet points. Each section of the Code contains an aspirational supporting statement and four bullet points which represent the basic expectations of registration with the Scheme.
The Code of Considerate Practice applies to all registered sites, companies and suppliers regardless of size, type or location.
Care about Appearance
Constructors should ensure sites appear professional and well managed
- Ensuring that the external appearance of sites enhances the image of the industry.
- Being organised, clean and tidy.
- Enhancing the appearance of facilities, stored materials, vehicles and plant.
- Raising the image of the workforce by their appearance.
Respect the Community
Constructors should give utmost consideration to their impact on neighbours and the public
- Informing, respecting and showing courtesy to those affected by the work.
- Minimising the impact of deliveries, parking and work on the public highway.
- Contributing to and supporting the local community and economy.
- Working to create a positive and enduring impression, and promoting the Code.
Protect the Environment
Constructors should protect and enhance the environment
- Identifying, managing and promoting environmental issues.
- Seeking sustainable solutions, and minimising waste, the carbon footprint and resources.
- Minimising the impact of vibration, and air, light and noise pollution.
- Protecting the ecology, the landscape, wildlife, vegetation and water courses.
Secure everyone’s Safety
Constructors should attain the highest levels of safety performance
- Having systems that care for the safety of the public, visitors and the workforce.
- Minimising security risks to neighbours.
- Having initiatives for continuous safety improvement.
- Embedding attitudes and behaviours that enhance safety performance.
Value their Workforce
Constructors should provide a supportive and caring working environment
- Providing a workplace where everyone is respected, treated fairly, encouraged and supported.
- Identifying personal development needs and promoting training.
- Caring for the health and wellbeing of the workforce.
- Providing and maintaining high standards of welfare.
Click here to download the Code of Considerate Practice
Click here to download the Code of Considerate Practice in Welsh