The benefits of registering your company with the Scheme include:
- Nationally recognised, recommended by local authorities, the government, main contractors and major industry clients.
- Gain a competitive edge with prospective clients by demonstrating a commitment to high standards.
- Viewed positively by planning authorities, demonstrating a commitment to community engagement and minimising impact.
- Independent assessment by experienced industry professionals who will also advise and guide.
- Assess and benchmark performance and strive for development and improvement.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme branding and recognition.
- Listing on the Scheme’s website and access to the online portal, where you can manage your registration.
- Opportunity to win National Awards.
Registration with the Scheme has helped us gain more contracts and has proved to be one of the best moves we have made. We would highly recommend it to other construction companies as the way forward.
Our clients frequently comment on the care we show and the high level of communication given prior and throughout the works. We won a 2012 Gold Award and we are very proud of that achievement. The award itself has lead us to many tender opportunities, and on a recent large project, it was one of the client’s reasons for selecting Elev8 Interiors where we were neck to neck with a competitor on price.
By displaying and promoting my registration with the Scheme, I have experienced financial gain that far surpasses any tenders coming from prequalification organisations.
I have nothing but praise and admiration for the Considerate Constructors Scheme and the way it is adding value to the businesses that register and wish to make a long-lasting contribution towards improving our image.
We have found the registration process with the CCS to be simple and the regular assessment visits to be of great value. This independent review of how we measure against the industry benchmark is a valuable tool in ensuring we deliver client and public satisfaction.
The Scheme has also seen a significant number of trade contractors register under Company Registration, not only to directly benefit their own company, but to support the main contractors with whom they work. These supply chain companies play a vital role in any construction project and can have a major impact on how the site is viewed by the general public. Registered trade contractors gain the many benefits of being registered with the Scheme, while main contractors feel secure in the knowledge that any registered trade contractor operating on their site will be working to the highest levels of consideration.
Nigel McKay, Procurement Director for Lend Lease, commented:
There are known benefits in registering with the Considerate Constructors Scheme and it is great to see the Scheme encouraging more trade contractors to sign up. Companies will find this type of registration hugely beneficial as they can receive the same benefits that registered sites have been able to enjoy for the last 14 years. I think this means of registration is excellent and will aid trade contractors in gaining a competitive edge by demonstrating a commitment to the highest standards of best practice. I would ask all those involved in the procurement of trade contractors to encourage their supply chain to sign up to this initiative as registration will only help in improving the already high standards of consideration on UK construction sites.