The Considerate Constructors Scheme (the Scheme) is a national organisation set up to improve the image of construction. Our core business is monitoring member sites’ and companies’ performance against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice, which itself includes environmental performance.
Our office activities are predominantly administrative. Monitoring of member sites and companies’ performance is carried out by regionally based Monitors, appointed on a subcontract basis by the Scheme.
We will conduct our business with respect and care for the environment and avoid pollution of the environment through our activities. We will:
- at all times comply with applicable legislation relating to the environment;
- identify the significant environmental aspects and impacts of our activities and set objectives and targets to improve our environmental performance;
- conserve resources by efficient use of energy and water;
- monitor and reduce our carbon footprint relative to our activities;
- minimise waste generation and handle waste materials in a responsible manner, re-using and recycling materials where practicable;
- promote the education and training of employees and Monitors in environmental matters applicable to their activities;
- work with suppliers, member organisations, customers and Monitors to promote awareness of the importance of environmental issues and the need to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
- aim to implement and maintain ISO 14001:2004.
All staff and Scheme Monitors will be made aware of this policy and will be expected to carry out their work in such a manner so as to meet the aspirations of this policy.
The policy, our environmental objectives and targets, will be reviewed annually and our performance will be reported externally to interested parties.