Over 90,000 sites and more than 1000 companies have already registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, recognising the many advantages that come with being part of an organisation actively helping to raise standards in the construction industry.
The Scheme’s distinctive signage, which is seen across the length and breadth of the UK, is testament to the industry’s commitment to work to the highest levels of consideration with regards to the public, its workforce and the environment.
Sites, companies and suppliers that choose to register with the Scheme are monitored against a five-point code of Considerate Practice which commits them to care about appearance, respect the community, protect the environment, secure everyone’s safety and value their workforce.
The benefits of registering with the Scheme include:
- Nationally recognised membership, recommended by local authorities, the Government, main contractors and major industry clients.
- Gain a competitive edge with prospective clients by demonstrating a commitment to high standards.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme branding and recognition.
- Listing on the Scheme’s website for registered companies and suppliers.
- Independent assessment by experienced industry professionals who will also advise and guide.
- Assess and benchmark performance and strive for development and improvement.
- Viewed positively by planning authorities, demonstrating a commitment to community engagement and minimising impact.
- Opportunity to win National Awards.
The Scheme is extremely fortunate to receive fantastic support from the industry. Very often, they are the ones who have helped to shout about the value that the Scheme has added to their organisation and as such, have encouraged others to experience the same. Such comments have included:
Skanska is committed to helping the communities we work in and minimising any impacts of our work on others. The Considerate Constructors Scheme helps align perfectly with the Skanska culture of “caring” and is a great way of monitoring our progress in this area
We strongly believe in supporting the communities in which we operate and recognise that the association with CCS is a sign of our commitment to making our customers’ and their communities’ lives easier.
John Lewis Partnership
We have always taken pride in the high standards we set in terms of health and safety, sustainability, and in dealing with enquiries from neighbours and the general public in a fair and equitable manner.
It is for this reason that we have adopted the Considerate Constructors Scheme so that we can ensure these high standards are maintained and raised across all of our projects, as well as provide an independent verification of our performance.
Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd
The standards set by the Scheme contribute to both a positive image of our services and the construction industry, and support our focus of working with people at a local community level.
Staffordshire County Council
The effect of registration with CCS has surpassed all expectations. We previously considered ourselves to be good, we are now undoubtedly better. We would certainly recommend the Scheme to all companies involved in construction work whether large or small. All can benefit.
Linfoot Country Homes Ltd
To register with the Scheme and experience these benefits for yourself, click here