Registration and payment policy
The system accepts payments by Visa, MasterCard, UK issued Maestro, Non UK issued Maestro and Solo.
For sites wishing to register in the Channel Islands, please contact the administration office before continuing with online registration.
Products and services
All sites, companies, suppliers and professionals registered with the Scheme are monitored by an experienced industry professional, to assess their performance against the five-point Code of Considerate Practice.
After each visit, the Monitor will produce a report taking into consideration the levels of performance identified through observation and discussions, and offering guidance on how to further improve.
- Sites are normally monitored twice, usually one quarter and two thirds of the way through the registration, unless they are of short duration and will therefore receive only one visit; projects over 78 weeks duration should be registered annually and will receive two visits per registration. The Scheme reserves the right to carry out additional visits should the Monitor have concerns over the site’s performance.
- All registered companies have an initial office visit to ensure that the company is performing at least to the basic expectations of registration. Following on from the initial office visit, a number of site validation visits will be carried out to assess the company’s performance against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice.
- For those companies working on construction sites, whether as the main contractor or an individual trade contractor, the Monitor can visit the company on that site and complete the report accordingly. A typical site visit will last around one hour.
- For those companies who undertake smaller individual projects or jobs, a site visit may not be appropriate. If this is the case, there is the option of the Monitor spending a couple of hours shadowing the company on one or more projects or jobs to ascertain their overall level of performance. Where this type of ‘multi-visit’ is appropriate, please note that only one will be conducted throughout the registration period.
- All registered suppliers have an initial office visit to ensure that the company is performing at least to the basic expectations of registration. Following on from the initial visit, a number of additional visits may be carried out to additional depots to assess the supplier’s performance against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice.
All registered sites are provided with Scheme branded products as part of their registration. The number and type of products provided are determined by the registration fee, which is determined by the site’s project value. Projects in Wales will receive a number of their posters in Welsh. These posters cannot be confirmed online so the Scheme will contact you for approval.
All registered companies and suppliers are provided with Scheme branded products as part of their initial registration. The number and type of products provided are determined by the type and volume of work covered by registration.
All registered sites, companies and suppliers will be issued with a unique Scheme registration number, which is used on both the registration posters and, where applicable, vehicle registration stickers.
Find out more about the products included with registration and to see the other products available to purchase, please visit the links below.
For registered sites, posters and, where applicable, banners will be dispatched within 5 working days of the date that the poster details are confirmed. Posters and banners for projects with a registration duration of less than 12 weeks will be dispatched the day after they are confirmed.
In some situations, when posters are approved online, it may still be necessary to contact you to confirm the details. In this case, posters will not be dispatched until after you have been contacted.
For registered companies and suppliers in the first year of registration, branded Scheme products will only be dispatched once a registered company/supplier has had its office visit.
All products will be sent via a courier and will therefore require a signature upon receipt.
The Scheme’s administration office should be informed immediately in writing, should a site, company or supplier registration be cancelled. A refund will be given within 30 days of receipt of this notification as follows:
- A full refund will only be given if the posters/banners have not been dispatched and no visits have yet taken place
- Where Scheme posters/banners have been sent, but no visit conducted, a reduced refund will be paid as per the table below
- No refunds will be issued after a Monitor’s visit has been carried out
- If, on completion of a registration, the Scheme has failed to conduct the necessary visits and produce a Monitor’s Report, a refund may be given unless the failure to visit is due to the contractor
|Site Registration Fee band||Refund (ex. VAT)|
|£100k to <£500k||£163|
|£500k to <£5m||£326|
|£5m to <£10m||£493|
|£10m to <£25m||£660|
|£25m to <£50m||£847|
|£50m to <£75m||£1030|
|£75m to <£100m||£1693|
|£100m and over||£1972|
- A full refund will only be given if the company has not received its office visit and no products have been dispatched
- Where the office visit has been conducted and branded material has been dispatched, but no validation visits have been conducted, a partial refund will be paid as per the table below
- No refunds will be issued after a Monitor’s validation visit has been carried out
- If, on completion of a registration, the Scheme has failed to conduct the necessary visits and produce a Monitor’s Report, a refund may be given unless the failure to visit is due to the company
|Company Registration Fee band||Refund (exc. VAT)|
|£250k to <£3.5m||£124|
|£3.5m to <£10m||£397|
|£10m to <£50m||£689|
|£50m and over||£1028|
- A full refund will only be given if the supplier has not received its office visit
- For single depot supplier registrations, once the office visit has been carried out, no refunds will be issued
- For supplier registrations where more than one depot is included within the registration, and where the office visit has been conducted and branded material has been dispatched, but no further visits have been conducted, a partial refund of 50% of the fee received will be paid
- No refunds will be issued after a Monitor’s validation visit has been carried out
- If, on completion of a registration, the Scheme has failed to conduct the necessary visits and produce a final Monitor’s Report, a refund may be given unless the failure to visit is due to the supplier.
Aborted visit charges
Every effort must be made by the site/company/supplier to accommodate Monitor visits in a timely manner. A charge will be incurred for any additional visits required, due to an aborted visit, where the visit was arranged by the Scheme Monitor and a suitable explanation for the cancellation is not provided.
We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that your information is not unlawfully processed. The Considerate Constructors Scheme Ltd uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, including ‘firewalls’ and Secure Socket Layers. The Scheme treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. However, no information transferred over the internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company. When you are submitting details to the Considerate Constructors Scheme Ltd over the internet, security is handled as follows:
Firstly, when your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) connects with the secure side of our server (website computer), that connection is between you and the server alone.
Secondly, during the communications between your browser and our server, the information is scrambled. This is known as encryption and our encryption is 128bit. 128bit encryption uses billions (2 to power of 128) of possible combinations to scramble the information. Thirdly, any information we store internally in order to process your order is kept on a computer system that operates independently of the web server.
Please note that transactional data may be stored outside the European Union.
To enable us to improve our website, services and products, we welcome all feedback from our customers, whether it’s good or bad.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 783 1423 or 1800 939 109 (Éire).