The benefits of registering as a supplier with the Scheme include:
- Membership of the nationally recognised Scheme endorsed by local authorities, the Government, main contractors and major industry clients.
- Gaining a competitive edge with prospective clients by demonstrating a commitment to the highest standards.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme branding and recognition.
- Listing on the Scheme’s website which may be used by main contractors or members of the public to find companies and evaluate performance.
- Independent assessment of your company and sites by experienced industry professionals.
- A means by which you can assess and benchmark your own performance and strive for development and improvement.
- The possibility of winning National Supplier Awards.
It has been a very positive experience, both in understanding the CCS criteria of ‘what good looks like’, to what ambitions considerate constructors should have, and what improvements we could make to our operation.
There have been some really positive improvements such as eco-awareness, cleanliness and the importance of encouraging a healthy workplace, with unhealthy habits such as smoking becoming a negative subject.
Continued exposure to the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) community has a positive effect on our own client base, with advising on their site set ups to meet or exceed CCS criteria on what looks good.
HSS believes the Scheme has encouraged and supported a major step-change in driving a more approachable construction community within the UK.
The foundations of the Scheme have visibly encouraged best practice-sharing and group discussions to overcome many of the challenges that face the market today, whether it is sourcing, safety, working methods, environment or community – the list go on.
HSS Hire Service Group
We would recommend the Scheme to all suppliers to the construction industry. It is only through participation that improvements in image and practice will result. The way the construction industry is perceived by the community reflects on all suppliers.
We have found the registration with the Scheme to be a simple, well informed and managed process, with the initial office report being of great value.