How to register a supplier
Supplier Registration allows any company supplying goods or materials to the construction industry to sign up to the Considerate Constructors Scheme and enjoy the benefits of registration.
Supplier Registration does not count towards BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes or Ska. If you want the score from a Monitor’s report to count towards any of these, please register under the Site Registration option.
To register a supplier, simply complete the online forms as prompted by the online registration process.
Once an online registration is complete, and the appropriate fee paid, the details of the registered supplier will be issued to a Scheme Monitor who will contact them to arrange the initial office visit.
Suppliers will be contacted towards the end of their registration period to arrange the re-registration payment for the following 12 months.
Suppliers not wishing to continue registration will be asked to confirm that all registration information is removed from their sites, stationery, vans, websites and any other location.
As part of the office visit made at the start of all re-registration periods, the supplier’s performance in the last registration period will be discussed between the company contact and the Scheme’s Monitor, with a view to offering suggestions and advice on how the supplier can further improve against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice.
The Monitor will issue a new report with indicative scores which will need to be validated (if required) through the validation visits that will be conducted during the following 12 months.
Additional registration advice
- Individual contracts cannot be registered using Supplier Registration.
- If you have more than one office or depot in different locations, each separate operation should be registered individually, and the appropriate fee paid. Each operation will then be given its own registration number and Monitor visits.
- If you have more than one division, involved in different types of work, but operating from the same office, it is recommended that you register each division separately, paying the appropriate fee. Each division will then be given its own registration number and Monitor visits.
- If you are part of a larger group, you will be asked to provide the name of that group on the registration.
- All suppliers wishing to register with the Scheme will be required to provide copies of relevant, up-to-date insurance information before the registration is confirmed.